Welcome! We are Janine and Lynda, the founders of GET INCITED – a technique used to creatively plan our life or business in our journals. We use sketches, photos, clippings from magazines/newspapers, quotes and text to create our very own blueprints to smash our goals and dreams! Why? Our goal is to make you feel as excited about life as we are. We believe everyone has the right to dream, and we want to incite you into action.
About Get Incited.
In a world where everyone has gone cray cray for technology we are rebels. While we love using our computers and phones, nothing gives us a bigger buzz than grabbing a bunch of colourful pens and a printable or our journal to plan and organise our lives and businesses. Using a journal is fun and relaxing, and they are a great motivational tool. It’s like having a vision board that constantly evolves as you do. And that’s what Get Incited is all about – the evolution of you!
Get Incited will help you if:
- You want to create a life that rocks your jocks. Set goals, dream big and plan something epic. We are going to show you how to create a vision journal to build a life you freaking love.
- You want to identify your talents, skills, interests and strengths, and use them to create a rockin’ business. We’re always getting told to “follow our passions”, but some of us have no idea if we even have one to follow. If you don’t know what your passion is, then you are not alone. We spent years trying to figure out what ours was, and then we decided we weren’t waiting any longer – we took control and cultivated our own passion (the Get Incited journal movement!). We’ll be sharing journal prompts to help you discover what it is you love to do and how to become great at it.
- You want to be more organised, productive and purposeful so you can spend more time doing what you love. Our lives are jam packed full with working, running our homes, looking after our kids, and all of life’s other responsibilities (cooking, sleeping, fitness, napping, dreaming about the Hemsworth brothers, etc.). We want to manage our lives better so we have more time for the things we love, especially our families. Is that what you want too? Well, we’ll show you how to use your journal journal to help you find the perfect balance of work and play.
About Janine and Lynda
Let’s start with an interesting personal fact about us – we are cousins! Yep, we spent our childhood hanging out together on holidays swimming in the pool and listening to Duran Duran and INXS. As we got older, we permed our hair and went clubbing together. And now as sexy, ‘mature’ women, we are running a business together (and still listening to 80s music). Woohoo!
Want to know a bit more about us? Here ya go…
Janine lives on the border of NSW and Victoria with her partner and two gorgeous sons. Janine is a ball of enthusiasm and loves helping others nut things out. Lynda describes her as, ‘one of the kindest and funniest chicks I’ve ever met, and she is an ideas machine”. Here are some things she loves:
- Growing succulents. although she is just a novice.
- Ryan Reynolds (because he is funny and hot!).
- Making her boys smile.
- Singing loudly. She sings anything. In fact she sang the French national anthem for the French ambassador when she was in year 7.
She loves sweet spiced gherkins and could eat a jar to herself. Burp!
Lynda stands proudly at less than five-feet tall. She is a disco-dancing chubster, who hates wearing shoes, and is a night owl. See, told you she was a rebel. Although she is teeny tiny, she dreams big. She is forever coming up with life goals in areas such as travel, money, learning, and she has vision journals full of business ideas. She is a planner and a list lover. A doodler and a stationery fanatic. Here are some things she loves:
- Spending her weeks at home in central Victoria, and her weekends at her beach shack (OK… it’s a caravan).
- Watching Tom Hardy movies while stalking Joanna Gaines. She’s a little obsessed with both of them.
- Going for walks while listening to a podcast (her current obsession is Jenna Kutcher).
- Hanging out with her hubby, David. He is a big spunk AND is also hilarious. They laugh themselves stupid every day.
- Homeschooling her daughter. Avah has dyslexia and works best with one-on-one learning, so Lynda gets to spend every day with her girl and she freaking loves it. They use a journal as one of their learning tools, because Avah loves creating visual spreads of what she is learning.
Why not get started right now? Head to our shop and grab yourself a journal or printable. Then brainstorm a passionate and purposeful life. Woohooo!
If you want to connect with other big thinkers then join our Get Incited Facebook group. If you like the sound of a group of journal lovers then join our FB Vision Journal Collective group. Or, maybe you are hoping to use your journal to get healthy and happy, then join our Get Incited Get healthy Get happy group.
Let’s get Incited!
Janine and Lynda
P.S. If you want to learn more about vision journals, then check out The Incited Inc. Vision Journal Toolkit.